Friday, October 12, 2018

Little Bird

I wish I knew what you are thinking, little bird;
I wish I knew your secret.

What do you think of us humans,
Running around doing important things,
While you jump from branch to branch,
Drinking water from the streams,
And eating crumbs from heaven,
While we run around toiling for something to eat?

What do you think of us humans,
Doing important things and earning our rest,
While all you do is be taken care of,
And fed in your nest?

While all you do is just be,
While we do and do and do...

Tell me your secret, little bird;
In whom do you trust that loves you so?

3 comments:

  1. I want to be the bird of your poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I have always though that if I were reincarnated as an animal, I would like to be a bird.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Announcement: New Website

I'm so grateful to each and every one of you for having been interested in my writing throughout these years and having lovingly followe...